Verdict + Dinner

NI HAO

Good morning dear World, how are we this fine Sunday?
All is well I hope!

Last night during dinner, we tried out this thing where we all put our phones on the table and it has to remain there throughout the whole dinner.
I suggested we do that because 'my friends and I do it all the time. The first to touch it pays for dessert but since we don't eat dessert, bayar semua'
YEAH RIGHT 
(WE'RE GOING TO DO THIS SOON YOU HEAR)
At first my cousins and sister are like nooooooooo but my uncle and mum nodded and was like 'banar tu. bisai tah cematu' thought it was a good idea so we all obliged. 
Since none of us were going to pay for dinner, we concluded that the first to touch it buys Easi Card for all of us that's in the challenge.
I'd rather spend $20 on something else thanks.
And it went really good because we ALL talked during dinner.
We all just sambut the cerita and sambung, insert some jokes, listen to my grandparents' story, listen to what the gossip mill had this time and it was really fun.
Definitely going to be a tradition - all phones on the table.

*phone jingles*
*everyone looks*
all the kids:Mobile siapa tu?
my mum: boh, inda kamu gatal hati tu? Siapa lagi me-whatsapp atu?
:It's probably just Abang Ali sending a video
*eruption of laughter*


So, Chinese Tea.
I thought I would find it revolting because I expected it to be so full of herbs and all, or maybe the tea I was given last night was a milder version.
Anyway, I drank a full 4 cups of them because my vanilla milkshake ran out because I was just that thirsty and I was too lazy to raise my hand and ask for water.
Just to ask. I am THAT lazy.
After a cup, I asked for another, and asked for another and for another.
Probably because they kept refilling the tea pot so it was pretty cool.
Right so, what is the taste of the Chinese Tea last night?
I have come to the conclusion that it tastes like Cincau (the black ones not the green ones) without any hint of sugar.
It was very... unsweet. 
If that's even a legitimate word to describe it.
But yes, a tasteless, sugarless Cincau is exactly what it tastes like.
Probably due to its aroma.

Another one is, Shark Fin Soup.
I know that they banned it because it harms sharks and etc.
So last night when my uncle asked what kind of soup we wanted for appetizers, followed by our table attendant's endless food suggestions, 'we have corn soup, chicken soup, herb soup.....blablabla', I ignorantly AND jokingly blurted out 'what about shark fin?'
She just looked at me, bowed and shaked her head 'Oh no, shark fin soup is banned'
And I just had to say 'Oh. How disappointing'
HAHAHAHAHA
I laughed at myself in my head for that
Well done Mills! 
My young cousin is all like 'it harms the sharks. It kills the sharks. We're endangering their species'
I must admit I felt kinda guilty, so to hide my shame, I'm like 'Sharks makan kami nada orang cakap apa-apa pun'
aaaannnnddddd the topic dies there.
(I'm not ignorant or being unsupportive but hey, I'm sure there's a reason why their fins taste so good)
On a side note, SAVE THE SHARKS!


Oh and with the good food and good service, I think 300-ish for 11 people is a pretty reasonable price right? 
Definitely would recommend this place and go again!
Well I mean, it's not exactly our first time but just saying
(Ooh and ask for Joyce, she attended our table and everything went smoothly)
(( Coconut puddings for all on the house? Yeah, this is the place to go to guys))


xom.
 



Comments